Due to family commitments I was not going to be able to do a long ride on Sunday so I decided to skip Thursday, do a long ride on Friday, skip Saturday then do a shorter ride on Sunday morning.
On Friday I succeeded in riding the furthest I have ever ridden – a shade off 50 miles. It was a fantastic ride. My mind was totally up for it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I stopped for coffee and cake and felt pretty good throughout.
I did struggle a bit between mile 35 – 40 but I took a break and regrouped then continued.
Almost 50 miles!
I managed 13.5mph average which isn’t bad given it was the hottest day of the year.
Not a bad mph
I was exceptionally please with my ride and attitude towards it. I'm starting to feel like a real cyclist which is a great mindset to be in.
I have been told that a lot of long distance riding is in the mind and I do think that this is true. I just hope I’m in the right frame of mind on 10th August
On Sunday I went out for a quick 40 mins ride. It was really hard work as I feel I was not suitable recovered. Something I will need to keep an eye on.


No comments:
Post a Comment