We set off nice and early this morning and headed off to Excel to register.
I was expecting huge queues but in fact there wasn't one at all!
We went into the Cycle a Show and had a great time looking at the stores and meeting Dame Sarah Storey, who said she liked my skirt!
I bought myself some overshoes as they had been recommended and we picked up some fab Free Cycle goodie bags.
After the show we made our way over to The Tower of London to start the Free Cycle.
This is an 8 mile course through closed London streets. We had Ellie on the tagalong which we'd finally got working, and she absolutely loved it. We had a great time riding with apparently 60,000 participants.
After this we made our way back to my mum and dad's where we were spending the night.
I was beginning to feel cripplingly nervous. I felt sick and had a huge headache.
I got my bag ready, went to bed early and I tried to get some sleep before Sunday and the culmination of 16 weeks of training.


No comments:
Post a Comment