The whole event was superbly organised. The feed stations were great and cutting out the hills was the right decision. There is a part of me that feels slightly cheated I didn't do 100 miles or the big hills (I deliberately haven't bought the '100 miles done' t shirt) but it's more important we were all safe.
I've discovered I am a really good hill climber. This is where my skills lie and I would like to improve them further.
I like being cheered on.
I apparently can't eat whilst long distance riding - I'm an energy gels send Jelly Babies kind of girl!
Inspiration can come from cheesy places. A line from 'Let It Go' from Frozen got me through my training and the day, "it's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through"
I would do it again but not in those conditions.
I will not be entering the ballot for next year simply because Ant is and I do not want to be in the position where I get in and he doesn't again. If he gets in though I will try to get a charity place.
The ballot opens on 18/08/14 if you want a go!!
I will be back in the bike this weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment