Friday, 1 August 2014

Week fifteen - Friday

Fantastic ride tonight.  

I felt brilliant, fit, healthy and full of energy and confidence.

Tomorrow we'll be doing a long ride which will be the last one before the London 100.

Someone asked me today if I would be glad when it was all over and I didn't know the answer.  There are times when I have hated training.  I've found it difficult, I've been unmotivated and really wondered why on earth I entered this.  But recently that changed.  My mind is very much in the right place and I am really enjoying riding.  I am nervous about next week but in many ways that is less to do with the act of riding a bike and more to do with the unknowns involved in doing an event like this for the first time.  The cycling aspect that actually worries me the most is where to position myself on the day.  I don't want to get in the way of your more hardcore cyclist, but I also don't want to end up stuck too far back with people even slower than me.  I'm hoping I will be able to pitch it right.

Anyway, no doubt I will come up with more nervous musings this week so stand by for a meltdown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment