Today I cycled to and from work.
I last did this in April and pretty much hated every single second of it but today I set off with my new attitude firmly in place, hoping for a big improvement.
I’m pleased to report the new attitude seems to have kicked in. I found the ride pretty easy and I knocked a huge amount off the previous times I achieved.
It was really gratifying to see not only a huge difference in how I felt now versus April when I last did the trip but also how much better and more positive I felt as opposed to Wednesday.
I have thrown out the Prudential Training plan and written my own for the next two weeks. It is fairly similar to the official plan but it takes into account when I can cycle. That way I will not feel bad that I am not doing what the official plan says I should be. I have also added all my meals to the plan so I can see I am eating healthily on the run up.
This last fortnight will see me going all hardcore. No booze, no sweets, no biscuits, no cakes, no puds and lots of whole-wheat stuff. As previously mentioned though, the most important part of the preparation is keeping my mind clear of negative thoughts. I can and will do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment