My bike is a hybrid. A hybrid is a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. They have a light frame, thinner tyres than a mountain bike but don't usually have drop handlebars like a classic road bike. This makes them good all round bikes for beginners. Mine is a Giant Escape 3, and I love it.
There is a school of thought that says my hybrid isn't ideal for something as long as a 100 mile Sportive but I've been told by people that have done it that I will be fine.......
When you first start cycling it's normal to just go out in whatever clothes you have but as you start to rack up the miles you will find you need something padded around the undercarriage!! You can get padded shorts or leggings for a reasonable price to start with then increase the quality as you go. I'm currently trying to choose a better standard of padded short and will report back on that when I've picked.
The other simple thing that can dramatically improve your performance is taking something other than water to drink. Those that know me will be surprised to find out I don't mean wine! My favourite performance drink at the moment are Hi Five Zero and Zero Extreme tabs. They turn water into a really nice electrolyte drink with or without caffeine and I'm yet to find a flavour I dislike.
So those are a few bits to get you started. I'm off to get ready for Pilates*
*finish the Easter Eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment