Monday, 21 April 2014

Week one - Tuesday

Cycling 1 hr
Steady ride without getting out of breath. Pedal at 85-90rpm.
Use the same route as Monday. Change to a lower gear if necessary to maintain rpm. Treat your pedals like a treadle, not a treadmill.

Today is supposed to be a rest day but to be honest it suits me much better to have tomorrow off so I can go to my Pilates class.

I didn't do the same route as Monday because I fancied a nice ride as opposed to the circuits.  I also didn't achieve flattish at all!


Not flat!


Hill in the distance

I think I have actually done more today than necessary but I consider that a positive.  To be honest I'm not 100% certain which of the training plans I should be following.  I'm not a beginner (which is the scheme I'm following) but I'm not convinced I am at intermediate level.  I guess that as long as I do the beginner programme as a minimum I can't go far wrong.

Ominous sky - I stayed dry though

Anyway, it was a good ride with a good mph.  My butt didn't hurt in the saddle which is fab and I don't ache.  No pain = happy me!!

I'm also trying to improve my eating habits after the Easter hols.  I weighed myself yesterday and it wasn't a pretty sight!! Obviously I now need to decide whether to a) scoff all the Easter eggs I have left in one sitting to get rid of them or b) treat myself to a little bit and have them hang around for months!  Which is best? Answers on a postcard please......


No comments:

Post a Comment