Sunday, 20 April 2014

Easter Sunday - the day before the training programme

So, the official training programme for my 100 mile Sportive starts tomorrow so I'm blogging for the first time.

I'm hoping to keep you updated on my progress and inspire a few of you to get out there on your bikes.

Cycling doesn't have to be scary, although sitting here on Easter Sunday, stuffed full of chocolate watching the rain pour down it certainly doesn't seem like the most appealing past time!!

I've done a reasonable amount of cycling since finding out I have a place on the London 100, but not as much as I possibly ought to.  My motivation hasn't really been there if I'm honest.  I did commute to work last week for three days which is approximately 10 miles each way, with one vicious hill on the route home.  It wasn't too bad......

Anyway, I will be religiously following the training programme from tomorrow and will report back on how I do.  I'll also tell you a bit about me as a cyclist, my opinions on cycling clothing, equipment and nutrition as I go.  For now, however, I'm off to eat more chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment