Steady paced ride - try not to get out of breath. Pedal at 90-95rpm.
Introduce a few harder exertions so as to feel different levels.
Technically it's a rest day again today but again, it's better for me to have one tomorrow so I decided to go out tonight.
It is a beautiful evening and I decided to try a new route. I found one on a website of cycling routes. It's a good website with routes in most counties. I'm so glad I did it as tonight was the best ride I have ever done.
It was beautiful. The roads we pretty much empty, the countryside breathtaking, and the villages I went through were georgeous. There's also a lovely pub in one of the villages which I was very tempted to stop at!
I had to cross and ride along a fairly major road for a time but luck was on my side as there were no cars at all as I crossed. I also had to go round a roundabout on a dual carriageway. Again, luck was on my side as there was no traffic coming from the left and the traffic coming from the right actually stopped and gave way to me! I have to say (at the risk of tempting fate) that on the whole I've found car drivers pretty considerate towards me. I know this isn't the experience of many cyclists sadly. Maybe I just live in a considerate county!
Today's ride was 13 miles and I did it in just over an hour which pleases me immensely.
I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to ride it again tomorrow night with the husband and forego a rest day!

No comments:
Post a Comment