Ride at a steady pace. You should be able to chat while riding - don't get out of breath. Keep turning the pedals at 90-95rpm.
Consider how your riding compares with last week.
Anyone that follows me on Twitter (@sadiebp) will know that today I've been feeling rather tired and not in the mood for training. However, being the determined sort I went out for my hour of training after dinner regardless.
I went out on a route that I know has a relatively nasty hill and incorporated the latter part of Saturday's ride.
The locals were out to cheer me on
The locals were out to cheer me on
As you can see from today's instruction I'm supposed to be comparing myself to last week. Well despite being not in the mood at all I still think I did pretty well. I did better with the hill than Saturday (and I did it well on Saturday) and I didn't really struggle throughout the ride. I'm also proud of the fact I got off my butt and went out.
I can't ascertain exactly how I did because my phone ran out of juice, so Strava (which I normally use to record my progress) didn't work properly.
All in all I consider myself to be improving every day I go out even when my head's not there which is obviously a big positive.

No comments:
Post a Comment