Ride at a steady pace for 20 mins at 90-95rpm, the briskly for 5 mins at 110rpm. Ease off for 10 mins at 80rpm, before another 5 mins brisk. Warm down for 20 mins at 90rpm. Brisk efforts will help anaerobic fitness.
Today I got the wettest I have probably ever been without the use of a bath, shower or swimming pool!
I blame myself. I gleefully texted a friend to say it wasn't raining and off I went.
The heavens opened about 10 minutes in! It was torrential! I carried on regardless though. Seeing as I've still no idea about this whole rpm thing I decided to just try to take it steady for a bit, speed it up in the middle, then take it steady again. Despite the driving rain this seemed to be going pretty well. You can see my speed profile here with the terrain profile in black in the back ground. As you can see I'm not very consistent.
By the time I'd got what was supposed to be about a third through my ride the rain had stopped which made riding somewhat easier. But this didn't last. It started raining again and this time heavier than ever! It rained so hard it was actually hurting my legs!
I had intended to do about 4 or so miles more but the last bit of the route involved passing my house. By this point I actually couldn't see anymore! The rain was coming down so hard and straight into my face. The sight of my house was too much of a temptation and I decided I needed to call it a day.
I ended up doing 8 miles which took about 40 minutes. I should have done an hour but in these awful conditions I just couldn't manage it and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed I even managed what I did!
Fingers crossed for better weather for better rides at the weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment