Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Week eight - Tuesday, Friday and Saturday; Still at it! Still here!

Been a little while since I blogged but I can assure you I’ve been hard at it despite my absence.


I put in 20 miles last Tuesday which I was really pleased with, especially as I rode straight by my house and decided to keep going as I hadn’t quite done 20 miles.  I maintained my 13mph+ rate and at one point I was thrilled to notice I was zipping along the flat at 18mph.

 

On Friday Ant and I went out for what can only be described as a ‘pootle’.  It was 2 days before his London to Brighton ride so we just wanted a gentle ride out.

 

On Saturday I did quite a different type of cycling!  I helped out at the Northampton Carnival, representing Northants Summer of Cycling.  I got a great t shirt to wear and a ride on various crazy bikes for my trouble!  I ended up riding a recumbent trike in the parade which was great fun.  It was exceptionally comfortable but very unusual to ‘ride’. It used very different muscles to a normal bike and I could really feel it in my stomach and calves.  Getting it up hills was a challenge but happily I managed it.  Not sure I’ll be buying one any time soon but I had a fantastic day and met some lovely people.  Ant and I will be helping at the Keep Festival in a couple of weeks so watch this space for a post all about it.

   Comfy!!


 
   Messing about on bikes

Sunday saw the day of Ant’s London to Brighton and an insanely early start (6am!).  Ant’s going to write a post about it to tell you how he found it but I can say Ellie and I were really proud of him and were very happy to be there to see him finish.

 

It made me pretty excited for the London 100.  My training guide catches up with me on Monday so targeted training will resume.  8 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment