On August 10th 2014 I will be attempting the Prudential Ride London 100 Sportive. I've never undertaken anything like this before and have decided to blog about my progress and training on the run up. Hopefully it will help me prepare and maybe inspire a few of you to get out there on your bikes! If you want to sponsor me you can at justgiving.com/sadiebp
Monday, 2 June 2014
Week six - Friday
Well the weather has finally improved so the husband and I had high hopes for some good training rides this weekend.
We went out on Friday on our favourite route which, as ever, went really well. It was a really pleasant evening and we enjoyed cycling along the usual country lanes.
We did find we were a little slow but have put this down to not really being able to get into a good rhythm together at first. When we’d settled into it we sped up. This will be something to look at in the future when we ride together.
As the child is away we stopped off at the pub for the first time. My riding was much faster than usual on the last segment of the ride. I’d like to say this was clearly due to the beer but I’m guessing it was more to do with the mini break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment