Friday, 20 June 2014

Week nine - Friday

Cycle - 1 hour

Ride at a steady pace for 20 mins, at 90-95rpm, then briskly for 5 mins at 110rpm.  Ease off for 10 mins at 80rpm, before another 5 mins at a brisk pace.  Warm down for 20 mins at 90rpm.  

Keep the brisk efforts constant. 

Yeah, didn't do that!!

Seriously though, I didn't actually read today's instructions before going out.  If I had I might have done a flatter route!  Instead I did my hilly one.

Yet again I found it pretty tough.  I have a new theory that maybe riding at 1-2pm ish is what I'm finding tough.  I have pretty severe hayfever which is only just kept under control at this time of year, coupled with asthma.  I wonder if this is what has caused the struggles this week?  I know the pollen count is currently very high.  I am definitely going to book a review at my GP and see what she has to say.

On the plus side I still maintained my 13mph+ average and overtook a cyclist today!

I'm hoping the new bike will be ready this weekend so will report back and review it over the weekend..... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment