Sunday, 8 June 2014

Week seven - Friday

Decided to go out today rather than yesterday as it is my day off.

As I mentioned the other day I want to alternate speed training with hills and as such today was hill day.

I headed out towards the next village along.  I've done this route plenty of times before.  It has two significant hills on the way, one being a descent on the way out and the other being an ascent that way round (obviously on the way home it's the other way round!!)


   Hills

I was happy and comfortable on the ride which is always a bonus.  When I got home I was surprised to see I had completed the ride in a really quick time.  I had averaged 13.6mph which is the same as I managed during my speed session on Tuesday.  Obviously this has a considerable amount to do with the fact I hit more than 30mph going down the hill, but it still makes me very happy.  When I first started cycling I was terrified of descending and could hardly let go of the brake.  To know I can now go that fast is a real boon.


    Speedy!

I'm pleased I seem to be back in the cycling zone and enjoying training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment