Cycling 1 hr
Steady paced ride – try not to get out of breath. Pedal at 90-95 rpm.
This is an easy week so ride without hard efforts. Try to relax and and enjoy yourself – consider a new route for variety.
Today I set out on my favourite route.
Rather unexpectedly I found the going pretty hard. It’s a relatively flat route but my legs felt heavy and I made heavy weather of even the slight inclines.
I kept going though and put my difficulties down to being a little out of the zone. As I said last week, I haven’t felt quite 100% since Thursday. I know several people who also feel rather below par currently so although I don’t actually feel ill I assume I am fighting something off.
So after 45 minutes of pretty tough riding I checked my time and average mph and was very surprised to see I was bang on target for a good time. I was averaging 12.5mph and I knew that with a little more effort I would be able to do the whole route in an hour or so.
A good mph
I got my head down and managed to finish in 1hr 30seconds. This is 1 minute slower than the day I was incredibly pleased with my time and 2 minutes faster than the first time I ever did it. In addition, out of the 4 sections Strava grades you on on this route I got a new personal best on 3 of them.
I don’t know what this means! But whatever way you look at it, I’m still doing well so that can’t be bad!

No comments:
Post a Comment