On August 10th 2014 I will be attempting the Prudential Ride London 100 Sportive. I've never undertaken anything like this before and have decided to blog about my progress and training on the run up. Hopefully it will help me prepare and maybe inspire a few of you to get out there on your bikes! If you want to sponsor me you can at justgiving.com/sadiebp
Monday, 19 May 2014
Week four - Thursday to Sunday
I’ve haven’t really been feeling it cycling wise this week, which is bizarre given the wonderful weather. I gave Thursday a miss as I knew I was going out on Friday. I did go out on Friday with the husband on a beautiful ride. We did it in a good time and thoroughly enjoyed it, tweaking our favourite route meaning we did not have to ride down a very busy main road.
I knew I had a busy weekend planned with a fete on Saturday and an afternoon out on Sunday but if I am honest I still could easily have fitted the two rides I should have done in. However, for some reason my heart wasn’t in it and I made fairly weak excuses to not go out.
I’m not sure why I wasn’t in the mood. I think I partly wanted to spend the days sitting in the garden with my family rather than off out by myself. Also cycling seems to take up my every waking moment currently. I have spent a small fortune on equipment, think constantly about the sportive in August and talk about little else. In many ways I was bound to hit a bit of a wall and begin to view it with a certain amount of animosity. Having an off weekend doesn’t really matter in the cosmic scheme of things as I am ahead of the training programme due to my miscounting. However, I know myself and it would be very easy to slip into feeling apathetical about cycling, reduce my training then have a full on panic in the summer.
Consequently I am starting this week afresh with enthusiasm. I intend to pretty much keep repeating the basic programme of rides of about an hour duration on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (at least). When I get to 16/06/14 the training programme will have caught back up with me and I will be at week 5. In the interim though I need to get my eye back on the ball and fall back in love with my bike.
I’m sure I’ll get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment