Sunday, 11 May 2014

Week three - Sunday

Cycling 1.5-2hrs
A steady ride with company - try not to get out of breath.  Pedal at 90-95rpm.

Consider joining a cycling club or group - it's a fun way to ride.

I've not been feeling too well for a couple of days so I didn't ride on Thursday or yesterday (I felt a bit better yesterday but it was extremely windy so I gave it another miss).

Given my discovery that I've started training early I'm not overly concerned.

The weather was still very gusty today so Ant and I decided to just go out for an hour to ease me back into it.

We decided to try a new route we'd seen online but unfortunately we didn't really like it.  We needed to go along a gated road which was ok but obviously it interrupted the ride.  This wasn't the major issue however.  The real problem was the quality of the road.  It was severely rutted which made riding both uncomfortable and psuedo-dangerous.

Ant's bike has even skinny tyres than mine and he really struggled.

In addition to these issues we got lost! Not horribly lost but we couldn't figure out where we supposed to go so we gave up and just turned round.  

It wasn't an awful ride but it certainly between the wind, the ruts and getting lost it certainly isn't one we'll be repeating!

No comments:

Post a Comment