Saturday, 24 May 2014

Week five - Friday

Officially a rest day today but as you know, I've missed a fair few rides this past week and a bit so I was determined to get out.

I decided to ride to Brackley and back which is more or less an hour in total.  I thought this would be a good ride as I could break it up in the middle with a coffee. 

I've done the route once before in the driving rain, which was no fun!  It has a nasty hill and the whole route feels very desolate.  

    Evil hill

The weather today was better but only marginally.  It felt really windy and the drizzle was coming straight into my face.  I struggled up the hill at a paltry 5mph and did a considerable amount of swearing.  

However, as ever, I made it to my destination and enjoyed a coffee and a flapjack in town.

The journey home was better.  Mostly due to the nasty hill now being a fun descent but all in all this was not a ride I enjoyed.

    Much easier on the way down

I will have to try it again when the weather is better to see if it's the route or the weather that is putting me off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment