Saturday, 24 May 2014

Week five - Saturday

The way the weather was this morning I didn't expect to get out today.  I know that if it's raining torrentially on the day of my sportive I will have to do it anyway but currently the idea of deliberately riding in a monsoon puts me off somewhat.

However, by about 4pm it had brightened up considerably so out I went.  I did my favourite route as I always enjoy it and to be honest I'm still not back in love with my bike yet.  

It was a good ride and as I say I always enjoy the route, especially since Ant altered it slightly, meaning I can now avoid riding along the main road.

I was really keen to try and get and average mph of 13mph.  I didn't quite manage this as you can see.

    So close!

I'm not actually worried about this however as I only decided to get this average about 2/3 of the way round!

As you know I've started the training programme four weeks early.  I think while I'm waiting  for the training programme to catch up to me I am going to really work on my speed.  I am not overtly bothered about my time at the sportive BUT it is really important I finish within the time allowed.  I am on the borderline of this at the moment so obviously with more training I should get well within it.  It will mean having to add to my tried and tested one hour routes but luckily most of them can be increased without too much thought.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the Bsnk Holiday Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment