Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Week three - Tuesday

Cycling 1hr
Steady paced ride.  Pedal at 90-95rpm, trying not to get out of breath.
Check that you are recovering after each training session.

I decided to do my hilly route tonight.  

I was lucky to dodge the rain and it was actually a really nice evening.

    Rainbow!

I was happy with tonight's ride.  I can't compare it with the last time I did it because as you may remember my phone ran out of battery.  This time I averaged 12.4mph which is good but I still feel I need to be a little faster before August.  The hill climb was a little bit slower I think but it was steady.

I definitely need more hill practice before August.  I can do them but I am slow and they tend to leave me very breathless.  I think I probably need an asthma review before August too.  I don't really suffer on a day to day basis but I feel like I get out of breath quickly when doing hills.  I perhaps need some tips on managing this to make sure I'm riding safe.

Speaking of riding safe I saw a lady cycling this evening in dark clothes, no helmet and an iPod on.  Seriously dangerous - don't try this at home kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment